Monday, January 26, 2009

Kelly's Parlee - Too cool not to talk about!

I don't have too many words for this one other than "too cool"!


Kelly works at the Bike Gallery store in Lake Oswego and this is his new Parlee Z3, which he had custom painted. Build kit: 7900 DuraAce w/ Zipp Vuma Quad cranks, Bontrager Race XXX Lite carbon clincher wheels, Bontrager Limited Edition Race XXX Lite carbon brake calipers, Ritchey WCS Carbon Streem handlebar, and the requisite Chris King headset (it's not a nice bike from Portland without one. I get away with my Cane Creeks because technically, my bikes are from Nashville!) According to Kelly: 14.4 lbs as shown.

I'll let Kelly tell the rest of the story with pictures. If we're lucky, maybe I'll be able to entice him into a ride report! Here's some selections from the link Kelly e-mailed me:


"Peeling paint" effect and custom Mercian font detals by Creative Cycle Works.

The brand new 7900 series Dura Ace rear derailleur and color matched Nokon housing.

Custom painted Zipp Vuma Quad cranks w/ Dura Ace pedals.

Limited Edition Race XXX Lite carbon brake calipers. Want some? Get your order in fast, only 500 are being made! The first 100 are already gone!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: